Whole-House Energy Audits
A whole-house energy audit performed by the professionals from American Energy Advisors provides accurate and valuable information. This first step is essential to optimizing the comfort, health, and efficiency of your home and typically pays for itself. We meticulously inspect air leakage and insulation levels of the building envelope, verify movement of air within the home, and take advantage of testing strategies such as infrared cameras, blower door, and duct blaster, before creating a cost-effective course of action.
Call on the specialists from American Energy Advisors at 402.881.8345 for service across Elkhorn, NE, Omaha, NE, and surrounding areas. Take advantage of in-depth services which include:
- A brief questionnaire to identify your primary concerns.
- Review of current utility bills.
- Visual inspection of home’s building envelope or boundary between the heated/cooled and outdoor air.
- Insulation check to reveal areas where insulation has settled, is missing, or has been improperly installed.
- Blower door testing measures the cumulative effect of air leaks in the home.
- Evaluate central heating, cooling, and water heating systems for efficient, safe, and proper operation.
- Thermal scan of interior with an infrared camera determines level of insulation inside walls, where conditioned air escapes and outside air comes in.
- A Multi-Point Air Quality Particulate Test with 1 micron, .5 micron and .3 micron sensitive equipment diagnosis Indoor Air Quality.
Our auditors combine their knowledge of home construction and building science with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. They not only know what to look for, but how to customize an energy saving strategy to maximize return. We follow up on-site testing and diagnostics with a review of the findings and detailed report, outlining opportunities for improvement.
Call today for your Energy Savings Audit!
A blower test is a requirement of many green and energy efficient building standards throughout Elkhorn, Omaha, Bennington, Gretna, Valley, Papillion, La Vista, and Ralston, NE. It is also an effective tool, pinpointing air leakage locations and evaluation of the overall “leakiness” of the home. A large fan is temporarily fitted into the main entry door, where it pulls air from the house, creating a slightly lower pressure inside as compared to outside. This allows us to measure the rate at which air leaks in through any cracks or gaps in the building envelope, assess energy losses, and locate problem areas. We further utilize a smoke stick to pinpoint leaks.
Infrared Imaging or thermal imaging measures light waves below (infra) red on the visible light spectrum, revealing differences in surface temperatures. Without causing disruption to the home, we are able to detect air leaks, missing insulation, poorly installed installation, moisture issues, heat loss caused by thermal bridges and bypasses, and areas in need of repair. Thermal bridging occurs in insulated spaces where wall studs, floor joists or attic trusses touch both the inside and outside sheathing materials. Thermal bypasses are concealed junctions, corners and gaps which allow outside air to penetrate the home, causing drafts, heat loss/gain, and moisture concerns.
For blower door testing, infrared imaging and complete home energy audits, we provide accurate information, helpful recommendations and a full range of services to improve the comfort and health of the home, while reducing energy costs.
Contact us or call us at 402.881.8345 for more information about saving energy, or to schedule an energy audit today!